Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Morning Ritual

This is my first day back to the office since last Wednesday and you wouldn't believe the amount of work that is sitting in front of me! I can already predict that finishing this entry will take me more than an hour. Just to make sure, I originally opened this window at 9.30 am- It's 10.20 am now.

Apparently the people that could have done some of the work that has now been assigned to me, decided to fool around while I was gone (perhaps they were writing on their blogs?), so now I get the full load. I've been typing my life away on this keyboard since I got here, jumping from one project to the other. I've never been so thankful of having coffee in the morning as I was today, but as I sip some water while I work on stuff, I can't help but to dream about more coffee. . . (It's 10.47am now). But even though I feel like today is certainly going to be a long day, let me tell you what makes it all worth it. I'm not sure what your morning ritual might be, but mine, it's much needed.

Waking up is a nightmare, I could snooze my alarm 20 times if time would allow me to do so. But I gotta admit that after I'm up on my feet, things go a lot better. I'm lucky the days I eat something for breakfast, but that's never as important as having coffee. Today was a Carrot Cake Clif Bar and Vanilla something coffee- which my girlfriend gets for me after I drop her off where she works. Then I get to be stuck on traffic for about 45 minutes or so. Now let's be open minded for a second; I know no one likes the idea of traffic (and if you don't live in L.A. or Atlanta, you really have nothing to complain about!) but driving while drinking coffee and listening to KTalk (Politics) before I clock in really gets me started. I mean, there's nothing like dodging bad drivers with one hand (coffee on the other) while wondering why on earth Sarah Palin would write a speech on her hand. Doesn't this sound like the perfect beginning to a perfect morning?

Okay, maybe only to me, but still- do you have a different ritual? Well, after 8 hours of work, I get to go home to a warm meal and loving company- that's what makes it all worth it.

Alright, I think I need to leave this desk now and go grab some lunch. It's 12.40pm now in case you were wondering. . .

2 comments:

Your feedback is MUCH appreciated! So please leave a line below. . .