Monday, March 22, 2010

Running

After over six months, I put myself to the test and went for a run. Prior to last Fall, I was a solid runner. I'd do it almost everyday, and it was also an easy task- didn't even have to think about it twice. But then, once Fall started there were too many things to do and night classes and I just simply forgot to run.

Starting again is a pain. Your body feels heavy (although mine is simply heavy now), your calves begin to burn and your brain begs you to stop- all you got is the music to distract you from your own self-defeating thoughts. Funny, isn't it? We are truly our own best enemies. Anyway as I was running tonight, I felt good... it's a feeling I only get when I... ok, TMI, but it's truly a unique feeling. I am invincible... nothing can catch me or hurt me.

I'm not sure why I forgot to value this feeling. Maybe my life will give me a break to do this more often. Goodness.

1 comment:

Your feedback is MUCH appreciated! So please leave a line below. . .